AKSILBET FLEX – paint for concrete flexible
is an acrylic-silicone, water soluble protective-decorative paint with high resistance to weather conditions and excellent adherence to concrete surface. It is based on state of the art raw materials providing the highest quality and flexibility of the layer even at below zero temperatures.
AKSILBET FLEX is designed for:
• making flexible protective coatings on concrete and reinforced concrete structures as well as on masonry structures in transport construction
• painting of communication engineering concrete structures where capability of crack bridging is required (e.g. bridges)
• painting of facade, renovation of cracked plaster in particular
• efficiency: single layer 8 m²/ 1 litre of paint. When covering cracks with a width of 4,2, the efficiency of single layer is up to 4m2 from 1 litre
• AKSILBET FLEX coat is flexible and can cover surface cracks up to 500 millimetres (A3 bridging category (-10°C)
• the coat maintains its flexibility in a wide temperature range, hence the coat follows the movements of a surface and does not crack
•AKSILBET FLEX coat closes pores and slits which protects a wall against penetration of moisture and corrosive substances
• the surface is waterproof thanks to silicone ingredient
The concrete surface should be seasoned for a minimum of 28 days and preferably for a period of three months. The surface should be well cured, firm, without dust and peeling layers, old paints and free from any contamination. We recommend to wash the surface with water, flush and dry. Smooth surfaces to be roughened.
Mould places, covered with moss, algae to be mechanically cleaned and disinfected using GRZYBOBÓJCA.
In the case of absorbent and chalked substrates (leaving traces of dust after rubbing with the hand), impregnate with AKSILUX.
The surface before painting must be dry with a maximum humidity of 4% and temperature from +5 ° C to 30 ° C.
Stir and mix the paint before painting. First layer – dilute the paint with water 3:1 (3 parts of paint: 1 of water), and in case of very dense surface 2:1 (2 parts of paint for 1 part of water). Second layer to be applied with non-diluted paint.
The paint to be applied with the use of a paintbrush, paint roll or sprayed (pneumatic or hydrodynamic with a air cover).
Use water for cleaning painting equipment.
All painting works should be performed at ambient temperature from +5°C to +30°C, however recommended temperature is 20 ± 5°C.
Newly applied coat shall be protected against rain, strong sunlight and frost.